Need your morning coffee anyone? A few years ago I decided to say goodbye to our automatic coffee machine and try out the french press. It has been an amazing transition and we don’t miss our coffee machine in the least bit. In ode to morning coffee love I’m detailing five reasons why switching to a french press has been an amazing choice in our life!
- It’s a simple design and only a few pieces, meaning it comes apart for easy cleaning after every single use, leading to tasty truly fresh coffee every time. Let’s face it, most of us don’t wash those automatic coffee machines every time we use them, but we do wash the french press and every single part of it too.
- It cleans very quickly. We hand wash ours- just throw out the grounds, run it under hot water and wipe down with a soapy sponge, rinse and let it air dry in the dish rack.
- It makes coffee quickly. Think you don’t have time to make coffee? It only takes a few minutes. Boil a kettle of hot water, pour the (medium coarsely ground) coffee grounds into the fp, pour the boiled water over it, stir for a few seconds, place the top on and let it sit for 5 mins to seep the coffee flavor. Then plunge the lid, pour and enjoy!
- It’s a clean minimalistic accessory. Placed on the counter it serves as a decorational and functional piece. I personally think, the glass design of the fp is a sleek and elegant look for any counter.
- The flavor quality is amazing! Of course the number one reason to use a french press is for the pure and concentrated taste.
I have always loved trying new methods and this is definitely among one of my leisurely morning favorites. If you haven’t yet tried a french press and love coffee, maybe give it a try, switch it up one of these mornings and enjoy a cup of java. If you do give it a go, I’d love to know what you think.